Finding the best scan tool for home mechanic online takes a lot of time and research especially if you are not familiar with different brands and price range.
Since Onboard Diagnostic (OBD) scanners differ in functions, choose only the best scan tool for home mechanic that is compatible with all vehicle brands.
We listed below some of the best scan tool for home mechanic so you can save a lot of time searching online and reading consumer reviews.
Here are the top 5 best scan tool for home mechanic
#1. FOXWELL NT301 Car Obd2 Code Scanner Universal Check Engine Light Diagnostic Tool Automotive Fault Code Reader Obd II Eobd Scan Tool
As one of the best scan tool for home mechanic, the Foxwell NT301 obd2 code scanner can read and erase codes which can also retrieve a wealth of information from the Engine Control Unit (ECU). The ECU is what triggers the Check Engine Light when there is a problem with your car. The NT301 obd2 code reader is an OBDII and EOBD scanner covering all of the most popular protocols which means it works with virtually any vehicle manufactured from 1996 until now.
1. Supports multiple code requests: Generic, manufacturer specific and pending codes.
2. Clears codes, turns off Check Engine Light (MIL) and resets monitors.
3. DTC definition can be automatically displayed after reading.
4. Reads freeze frame data which shows engine conditions such as fuel trim, engine coolant temp,ect.
at the time the Malfunction Indicator Lamp(NIL) was set.
5. Reads, records, graphs & playbacks live sensor data.
6. Reads live O2 sensor/on-board monitor test data.
All vehicles with an OBD2 port are required to output basic information when the Check Engine Light comes on. However, a lot of important information (such as ABS, Airbag, Climate Control, etc.) is left behind by the other wireless and handheld code readers. Only BlueDriver gives you the complete set of diagnostics on a wide range of manufacturers.
Get ENHANCED diagnostics on:
All GM brands, including Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, Saab, Saturn, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, & Hummer
All Ford brands, including Ford, Lincoln, & Mercury
All Chrysler brands, including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, & Plymouth
All Toyota brands, including Toyota, Lexus, & Scion
All Nissan brands, including Nissan, Infiniti, & Renault
All BMW brands sold in North America, including BMW, Mini & Rolls Royce
All Honda brands sold in North America, including Honda & Acura (2003 models and newer)
All Volkswagen brands sold in North America, including Volkswagen, Audi, Lamborghini & Bentley
Enhanced coverage doesn’t stop there! As one of the best scan tool for home mechanic, BlueDriver’s dedicated team of Professional Engineers are continually providing free updates with Enhanced Diagnostics support for more brands.
ANCEL AD310 is a great upgrade from the more basic diagnostic Code Reader, and one of the best scan tool for home mechanic. The major function of this scanner is detecting the Engine System, read and clear the error codes. Once plugged into your vehicle’s 16pin OBDII DLC, the unit will power up and prompt you to start your ignition. If your vehicle has a Check Engine Light comes on, you can use AD310 scanner to read the error codes, find out what the problem is, and perhaps fix it.
- large easy-to-read backlit LCD screen
- read and clear diagnostic trouble codes for the check engine light, both generic and manufacturer specific codes
- view freeze frame data
- reads live data stream
- retrieves vehicle information
- MONITOR & ANALYZER – The BAFX Products OBD Scanner is a must have tool for your car. With it you can read & clear your Check Engine Light (CEL) & check your vehicle monitors such as O2 Sensors, Fuel Trim, Air Fuel Ratio, DPF Temp, Coolant Temp, Oil Temp, Fuel Pressure & so much more! Professional level diagnostics at a truly reasonable price.
- APPS & CAR BRANDS – You will need to use a 3rd party app with our scan tool. There are many apps available ranging in price from $0-$40 such as: Torque, Dash Command, Carista, Scan Master, Piston & more! Contact BAFX for a complete list. Regardless of your brand of vehicle our OBD reader will work! Chevy, Ford, BMW, Lexus, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Honda, Mercedes, GM, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep & more, all covered!
- IMPORTANT – You must have an Android or Windows based device to use our Bluetooth OBD2 reader. Our OBD reader CANNOT be used with iOS devices such as iPhones and the like. For iPhones & iPads, please look at our WiFi version! Also, this device will NOT read AirBag, ABS, TPMS or Oil Change lights. Our diagnostics tool will only read codes for the Check Engine Light.
#5. Autel AutoLink AL319 OBD2 Scanner Automotive Engine Fault Code Reader CAN Scan Tool
eaturing the unique patented One-Click I/M Readiness Key, TFT color display and built-in speaker, the AutoLink AL319 is truly the ultimate in ease and affordability,
enabling users to verify repairs, road test, check State Emission Monitor Status and solve basic engine and driveability problems. It eliminates drive cycle guesswork by
notifying the driver with color codes LEDs, audible tone and dynamic all-in-one I/M readiness status.
The AL319 is a Plug and play version scan tool which you can use it to test your cars directly once you got it.In the meanwhile, you can update the scan tool software and DTC library through a computer if you want to refresh the car models and year.
When you got some trouble codes on the AL319 screen , this AL319 supports display the DTC definitions on the TFT color screen, you can also google the definition of some DTC which is really easy to find and understand.
Tags: automotive diagnostic scanners, best automotive diagnostic scanner, best car diagnostic tool available the market, best car diagnostic tool uk, best obd2 scanner for the money, best professional automotive diagnostic scanner, best professional automotive diagnostic scanner 2018, best professional car diagnostic tool, car diagnostic scanner software for laptop, car scanner for all cars, cardoc diagnostic tool, diagnostic scan tool for all cars, obd2 scan tool
Budgethomeappliance.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon(.com, .co.uk, .ca etc) and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.