If you are looking for a digital multimeter under 20 dollars, you are in the right place. Whether you are a hobbyist, a mechanic, an electronic technician, or just a plain houseboy, owning a digital multi-meter is a must.
Although I own several sets of Fluke multimeters and testers for more than a decade now, I still use other brands from time to time, especially for non-heavy duty jobs.
For students and hobbyists alike, there are cheap but high quality digital multimeter under 20 dollars that everyone can buy from Amazon Store.
These instruments are cheap but they are worth buying.
5 Best Digital Multimeter Under 20 Dollars
8233D PRO multimeter using the word high 15mm LCD display with backlight, even in low light places can clearly read the display value. Is a high performance, high reliability, compact handheld 3 1/2 digit digital multimeter auto range.
This Meter is designed to meet IEC 61010-1 & CAT II 600V over voltage category and double insulation. The meter with holster that is giving the main body, though downsized, high resistance against the shock of a drop.
Over load protection: Used the PTC protection circuit for
- Resistance, frequency measurement Double Current Fuses. High
- quality ,More Safety. Meet For Euro Standard.Safety Class: IEC 61010-1, CAT II 600V
- 2000μF Capacitance and 200KHz Frequency measurement
- Make Sound of Continuity test more Loudly
- Back Light
- DATA HOLD function
- Low battery indication
- Auto Power-OFF
- Diode test
#2. Digital Multimeter, Crenova MS8233D Auto-Ranging Digital Multimeters Electronic Measuring Instrument AC Voltage Detector Portable Amp / Ohm / Volt Test Meter Multi Tester Diode and Continuity Test Scanners Home Use Electronic DIY Hand Tools with Backlight LCD Display
Crenova MS8233D Multimeter is a handheld and battery operated digital multimeter with multi function. This Multimeter is designed to meet IEC61010-1 & CAT II 600V over voltage category and double insulation.
The convenient auto-ranging operation allows you to select the right measurement range when working on a variety of components. As general measurement tool, the Digital Multimeter is widely used in the home, school, laboratory, factory and other social field.
- 【Multi Functions】Digital Multimeter can measure AC/DC voltage, AC/DC current, resistance, frequency, continuity, diode and etc.
- 【Over Load Protection】 Use the PTC protection circuit for Resistance, and frequency measurement.
- 【Large LCD Display】This unit is designed with 3 1/2 digit LCD display which makes the reading clear.
- 【Special Features】Measuring Instrument with function of Data Hold, Maximum Value Hold, Backlight, Function Switching.
- 【Auto Power OFF】 If the meter is idle for 15 minutes (idle time), the meter will automatically turn off. After auto power-off, pushing any of the push button or changing the rotary switch can turn on the meter again. (Note: it needs install a new battery before using; there maybe a little color difference)
The size of the mini delicate multimeter EM3081 is smaller than your phone, which can be carried everywhere in your pocket.
Its unique box-type design put the test leads hidden inside the lid,in case of missing or the probe needle hurts you.It is small but functions are powerful.
Using automatic chip processing technology, EM3081 can measure the DC/AC voltage, DC current, resistance, diode and continuity. It pasts the CATII safety certification and CE.
- Display: 3 1/2-digit LCD, with a max. Reading of 1999
- Overrange Indication: only figure 1 shown on the LCD.
- Negative Polarity Indication: Negative sign – displayed automatically
- Sampling Rate: About 2 to 3 times/ sec
- Low Battery Indication: -+ shown on the LCD
Battery: 1.5V button cell, LR44 or equivalent, 2 piece ( Move the battery’s insulating piece away before using )
- Operating Temperature: 0℃ ~ 40℃, Relative Humidity:<75%RH
- Storage Temperature: -10℃ ~ 50℃, Relative Humidity:< 85%RH
- Size: 114 x 56 x 23 mm
- Weight: about 101g
As one of the best digital multimeter under 200 dollars, the 8233B multimeter has everything you need as a beginner in the world of electronics or home improvement. Basic functions such as measurement of voltage, current and resistance, as well as continuity and diode testing are simple and, above all, safe to perform.
The 8233B is a CAT III class instrument, making it ideal for home measurements on home appliances, power tools, or anything that has a plug.
To further facilitate your work, the instrument features functions such as display background lighting, back-stand and data hold.
- AIDBUCKS 1999 account with accurate measurement : Up to 600V measuring range for AC/DC voltage, DC current, resistance,continuity and diode.(there maybe a little color difference)
- FCC Rated Digital Mulimeter with Over Load Protection: The Overload PTC protection circuit ensures the safety of the measuring work (all range). Protective rubber sleeve for drop protection.
- Easy to use : Auto Power OFF, Data Hold and 3 1/2 digit LCD display with back light for visibility in dimly lit areas.
- Portable and Intelligent multimeter Extensively used: Data Update 2-3/sec with No delay response and Continuous buzzer alerting. Widely use in schools, families, laboratories and factories, suitable for beginners, professional electricians, housewives, students use.
- Package Contents: Digital Multimeter, 9V Battery, User Manual, Test Lead, 24 Month Warranty.(Any question on the using , please email us.We have customer service to offer professional advice.)
This Multimeter can be used for AC/DC voltage test, DC current test, electric current resistance, hfe (DC amplification) test, Frequency test, two-electrode valve test, NPN PNP transistor test, etc. You can use the Multimeter in more places, such as factory, school lab, home hobby, machine repairing, etc.
- 15mm high LCD Display
- Max display: 2000, Auto polarity display
- Portable and compact design, overload protection on all ranges
- Diode assembly test/Transistor P-N junction test/Transistor HFE test
- Continuity test with buzzer sound in circuit
- Low battery voltage indication
- DC Voltage: 200mV/2V/20V/200V ±0.5%, 600V ±0.8%
- AC Voltage: 200V/600V ±1.2%
- DC Current: 200μA/2mA/20mA ±1%, 200mA ±1.5%, 10A ±3%
- Resistance: 200ω/2Kω/20Kω/200Kω/2Mω ±0.8%
- Fuse protection: F-200mA/250V
- Operating Temperature: -0℃ to 40℃
- Over Range Indication: Only figure “1” on the display
- Polarity Indication: “-” displayed for negative polarity
- Low Battery Indication: – /+ display
- Battery: 9V
- Dimension: Approx 138mm x 69mm x 31mm
There are other more expensive multimeters but the performance and features are almost the same with the above list of digital multimeter under 200 dollars.
If you want to invest on a multimeter and your budget is tight, consider the above list.
Tags: best automotive multimeter, best budget multimeter, best digital multimeter for electronics, best multimeter for diy electronics, best multimeter for electricians, best multimeter for electronics hobbyist, best multimeter for electronics technician, best multimeter under 20, budget multimeter for student, cheap multimeter, multimeter under 20, multimeter under 20 dollars
Budgethomeappliance.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon(.com, .co.uk, .ca etc) and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.